Joyful ride with the Sledge Enjoy the wintertime in the Bavarian Chiemgau
Sledging in Chiemgau is a popular winter activity in one of the most picturesque regions of Bavaria, in southern Germany. The Chiemgau stretches around Lake Chiemsee, one of the largest and most beautiful lakes in Bavaria. The area offers a variety of sledging options suitable for both families and adrenaline junkies.
A 4 km long natural sledging run leads from the Hindenburghütte into Reit im Winkler Tal (to the district of Blindau / Fellhornweg (hiking car park). The sledging run from the Hindenburghütte down to the district of Blindau has a long tradition. Sledging championships used to take place here, as are pictures and certificates show in the inn. Sledging is traditionally done with sturdy wooden sledges that you can rent from the Hindenburghütte (single and double sledges). Additionally, it is a premium winter hiking paradise.
Our arrangement includes
- Overnight stay in the selected category
- Rich breakfast buffet in the DEVA Hotel Sonnleiten (neighboring building 50m)
- Welcome drink on the evening of arrival in the DEVA Villa Mittermaier (150m away)
- A 4-course selection menu daily as part of half board in the DEVA Villa Mittermaier (150m away)
- 1 x voucher per person for a mountain trip to the Hindenburg Hut with the shuttle bus. Descent trip, on request or if there is no snow, included *
- 1 jar of honey as a gift per room
- Use of sauna in the hotel
- WiFi usage
- Free use of parking space
- Reit im Winkl inclusive card with many advantages and discounts
* SLEDGE ROUTE SUITABLE FOR EXPERIENCED TOGGLERS AND NOT FOR CHILDREN! The demanding Sledging run is not suitable for small children and inexperienced sledgers. Please note the times when the train is open. The Sledge run is generally closed until it is released by the operations manager. Entering the Sledge run is prohibited. For beginners, we have a practice slope directly above the Hindenburghütte at the rustic wooden hut.
A free cancellation of the entire reservation is possible in writing up to 7 days before arrival at 3:00 p.m. If you cancel outside the free cancellation period, 90% of the booked overnight stay will be charged as loss benefits. If the room is not used without prior cancellation, 100% of the booked overnight stay will be charged as loss services.